Listening to: WAS listening to Lily/Yuri Nazuka
Drinking: Drank water a while ago
I'm almost going into the 12th grade (a.k.a. last year of grade school) and as someone who wants to study animation in a college I gotta find an animation college now! Especially that in this country the closest thing you get to animation is Desain Komunikasi Visual (Visual Communication Design) and even some of their graduates work for the fashion industry and other things unrelated with cartoons. Because I like cartoons, it's just that I'm concentrating on school and my current fandom is some computer software so I don't have much time for cartoons.
So, I am planning to go to these schools. The order are based on priorities:
1. Massachusetts College of Art and Design (MassArt): Not only it's in the East of America, it has animation and according to a research of the students' animations there, they look fantastic (they even have a Vimeo channel like CalArts), so it's my no. 1 choice.
2. Columbia College Chicago: This college has traditional animation which is why it's one of the colleges I'm picking.
3. California Institute of the Arts (CalArts): Can be said the best animation school. Unfortunately, it's unlikely for me to live in California (and Max friggin' lived there!) because I'm not allowed to drive... by the whole family!
4. Art Institute of Pittsburgh: I actually wanted this to be the first but there were many bad reviews of this college and yes that affects my judgement on the college.
5. Carnegie Mellon: This is the least because even though it's in Pittsburgh (yes I want the college to be as close to Pittsburgh as possible), they don't have the type of animation I want to go to. They mostly focus on computer generated animation and I'm more into traditional, 2D animation.
I guess 5 would be enough. You can suggest some more colleges or give me some tips on surviving in an American college.